top of page


Affiliation - NAADAC

Credentialing Board

Credentials Offered

Alaska  Commission for Behavioral Health Certification (ACBHC)  (last updated 12.10.18)


PO Box 220109

Anchorage, AK 99522


Phone: (907) 332-4333



Chemical Dependency Certification Track

  • Counselor Tech

  • Chemical Dependency Counselor I

  • Chemical Dependency Counselor II

  • Chemical Dependency Clinical Supervisor

  • Administrator


Behavioral Health Certification Track
  • Behavioral Health Tech

  • Behavioral Health Counselor I

  • Behavioral Health Counselor II

  • Advanced Behavioral Health Counselor

What you'll be seeking there in Alaska is licensure as a Chemical Dependency Counselor, or Behavioral Health Counselor through the Alaska Commission for Behavioral Health Certification (ACBHC).  No matter which path you choose, they require that your basic educational hours of drug/alcohol specific training MUST come from a college, university, or proprietary school.  At this time, Alaska DOES NOT allow distance learning to be used for these hours, so unfortunately you won't be able to use a distance learning program to gather your hours.  I'd suggest you visit the Alaska Commission for Behavioral Health Certificaiton site at for additional information about credentialing or use the email and phone listed above.  They should have a list of local providers that can assist you with your hours.  

Sorry we cannot be of assistance in gathering your basic credentialing, but wish you luck in pursuing your license.  Feel free to contact us by phone or email if you have any follow up questions.   You can reach us during our office hours M-F 9am-4pm CST toll free at 866-431-4240.  If, however, you have specific questions for the board, please contact them using their details above.  

bottom of page